List of changes
17 December 2019: version 3.06
- OSZ map archive can now be arbitrarily large (no more limit at 4.2 Gb)
- Compatibility with dark mode
24 November 2019: version 3.05
- Corrected the display of recorded tracks for compatibility with iOS 12/13
- The map is now displayed fullscreen also on newer large-screen iPhone/iPads.
- Added a privacy statement in the About dialog box.
17 March 2016: version 3.0
- New toolbar to record tracks
- Track statistics:
- Compatibility with external GPS module Ublox M8T
- Bug fixes:
* opening of a map while in landscape orientation
* display of tracks when in auto-orientation and auto-centering modes
8 July 2015: version 2.93
- Two-finger touch to measure distances (with timing estimate at current speed)
- Better user interface to move points of interest
- Size of points of interest independent of zoom level
- Coordinates can be entered in degrees, minutes and seconds (like 6°20'45.5")
14 March 2015: version 2.89
- Updated the synoptic manual
- Fixed a problem with missing icons
22 February 2015: version 2.88
- Transfer of maps via AirDrop.
- Display of tracks in automatic map orientation mode.
- Option to disable GPS fail messages.
(In case of failure, the status bar becomes red and shows “GPS?”).
- NMEA stream: type of fix is displayed.
- Improved Add map screen.
- Improved compatibility with iOS 8.
- Fixed a bug that could cause tracks to be displayed shifted.
24 October 2014: version 2.83
- Map list can be customized with folders and colors.
- Compatibility with high precision GPS receivers that broadcast the current position via an NMEA stream (example: Cook). To switch between localization data providers (internal GPS or external NMEA server) tap and hold 2 seconds on the localization button:
- Multi-line comments for points of interests.
- compatibility with iOS 8
- Small bug fixes
21 april 2014: version 2.7 (requires iOS 7)
- Fully iOS 7 compatible. This turned out to require quite some work!
- Map calibration is saved inside the tmap file. Maps can be shared between devices without losing calibration
- New option "Orient cursor" that orients the location cursor to reflect the current direction of movement.
Particularly useful when using an airplane custom location cursor!
- Recording of tracks continues when Multiplans is in the background
- Small bug fixes (in particular datum of projection EPSG 27700)
25 april 2013: version 2.1 (last version compatible with iOS < 7)
If your device is not compatible with the latest version of Muliplans, the AppStore should propose you to download the last compatible version.
- a scale is displayed on the map
- points of interest can be imported from a GPX file containing waypoints
- more GPX file formats supported when importing tracks (routes, tracks, waypoints)
- small bug fixes
If you are attempting to download the app for the first time, the App Store will however not offer the download of an older version. Luckily, there is an easy workaround: the solution is to purchase/download the app from the iTunes Store on a Mac or PC using the same Apple ID you are using on your iOS device. The app will then be associated with your account and you should then be offered an older version if you attempt to download the app again on the iOS device. Do not try to install the copy downloaded in iTunes, as it is the newer, incompatible version. That step is only necessary to attain ownership of the app. You will need to access the App Store on your iOS device to be offered a compatible version.
[Same in French:]
Une condition pour que l’appstore propose le téléchargement de la dernière version compatible avec un appareil est d'avoir déjà acheté cette application dans le passé. Comme expliqué en anglais ci-dessus, ce problème peut être contourné de manière assez simple: il faut télécharger l’application, dans sa version la plus récente, depuis un Mac ou un PC en utilisant le même identifiant Apple que celui sur iPhone. Après avoir procédé à l’achat de l’application sur l’ordinateur, ouvrir l’application “Appstore” sur l’iPhone (sans essayer de transférer l’application téléchargée sur l’ordinateur car c'est la version la plus récente qui est incompatible). L’option de télécharger la dernière version compatible est maintenant proposée lorsqu’on essaie de télécharger l’application depuis l'Appstore sur l'iPhone.
9 april 2013: version 2.01
- location cursor can be customized: see updated synoptic manual
- batch importation of maps transferred using iTunes
April 1st 2013: version 2.0
- new lightning fast map rendering engine
- no more limit on the minimum scale when zooming out
- multi-scale maps: maps can contain several zoom levels
- better internal map storage scheme (single file with extension 'tmap')
- multi-scale maps can be created using Mobile Atlas Creator (OSZ format), Zoomify Express (zip format) or directly in the 'tmap' format using the new MacOS X app 'TmapCreator'
- tmap files can be transferred into Multiplans via email
- smoother GPS localization updates
- new synoptic manual
Other minor bug fixes and improvements:
- corrected projection France Lambert 93
- error message if localization turned off
- Maps already imported in Multiplans will continue to use the old map rendering engine. Export (using iTunes file sharing) and re-import your maps to benefit from the new map engine. (Do first a backup of your iPhone/iPad before deleting your old maps).
- Measuring distances with a 2 finger touch is not possible with the new map engine. The display of a scale will be proposed in the next upgrade.
November 1st 2012: version 1.52
- supports the new iPhone 5 screen
- redesigned app icon
- option to block automatic rotation of the map screen
- map calibration: easier input of a minus sign
- fixed a problem with the ordering of calibration points
July 6th 2012: version 1.51
- Support for more naming conventions of map tiles. This makes importing maps from some websites particularly easy, see here.
- Exporting a calibrated map from Multiplans: click the save button on the "Map info" screen and copy the map folder using iTunes sharing. This folder now includes a ref.txt calibration file.
- Fixed display issues of the track being recorded
- No (or very little) data loss in case the recording of a track is ended abruptly.
- Fixed a bug when importing a photo from the photo library
- Uses the current locale when interpreting numbers (dot or comma for fraction digits).
- Fixed a bug (introduced in v.1.50) that could cause Multiplans to crash on start-up
May 21st 2012: version 1.5
- Easier importation and calibration of maps:
Symbol for points of interest can be chosen: cross or circle
New Settings screen (accessible from within Multiplans)
Closing the "About" screen now works again (bug revealed with iOS 5)
Fixed a bug that could cause Multiplans to crash, in some rare circumstances, when scrolling the map
- Maps can be calibrated within Multiplans by placing graphically calibration points on the map.
- Pictures in the photo library of the device can be imported as maps
- A camera button allows to take a picture and import it directly as a map
Screenshot of some new screens available in v.1.5:
Feb 13, 2012: version 1.42
- New preference for choosing the color of recorded tracks
- Added nautical units (nautical miles and knots)
- More robust conversion of .map calibration files
22/12/2011: version 1.41
- A bug introduced in version 1.40 (app crashes when closing a map in some circumstances) has been corrected.
- keyword resolution in ref.txt file now works as expected
- corrected a problem related to line endings "CR+LF" in ref.txt files.
23/3/2011: version 1.40
- Easier calibration of maps:
- .map calibration files (created by OziExplorer) are recognized by Multiplans.
- Calibration points: maps can be calibrated by entering in file ref.txt 2 (ou 4) calibration points.
- Bilinear interpolation: if the map's cartographic projection is unknown, Multiplans can interpolate the geographical coordinates using up to 4 calibration points.
- For more explanations, see here
- The info bar can now display, in addition to speed and altitude, the geographical coordinates of the current position (in various formats).
- GPS localization can be switched off easily to save battery life.
23/3/2011: version 1.32
- Magnetic compass: the current heading is shown on the map by an arrow. Alternatively, the map can be rotated automatically to be always aligned with the ground features.
- New toolbar with high-res icons.
- New settings for fine-tuning Multiplans, including changing the size and color of the crosshair cursor. Crosshair cursor keeps its screen size when map is zoomed out.
- Maps can be imported using USB via iTunes file sharing, in addition to the web (wifi) gateway.
- Corrected a bug in the automatic tiling of maps that occurred in only low memory situations.
Other small bug corrections and improvements.
- The calibration of a map can be done by providing the geographical coordinates of the center of the map (instead of those of the top-left corner).
17/2/2011: version 1.28
- Fixed a crash when viewing the list of points of interest
- Upload map screen now displays the gateway address very quickly.
11/1/2011: version 1.27
- Multiplans recognizes now maps in format osz. Program Mobile Atlas Creator can be used to create easily maps in format osz.
11/10/2010: version 1.23
- New screen for managing tracks. Multiplans can now record multiple GPX tracks, and also import GPX tracks.
- Maps do not need anymore to be to split into tiles before importing into Multiplans.
Large map images (jpg,png,tiff,bmp) will be split into tiles automatically by Multiplans.
- High-res application icon (for iPhone 4)
- Corrected a problem with the date format in gpx tracks
- Small bug fixes
- The recorded track is now displayed on the map.
- Multiplans re-opens, upon start-up, the last shown map.
- Runs full screen on the iPad (universal binary app)
- The proximity sensor can be used to switch off the screen automatically
- Small bug fixes
- Map now scrolls to keep current position at the center of screen
- Screen can now also be locked when no GPS track is being recorded
- Simplified importation of maps in spherical Mercator projection.
- Compatibility with tiles generated by "Zoomify Converter"
This makes importing maps easier, see new instructions !
- Improved localization and corrected minor bugs
February 5th 2010: Version 1.04
First public version